Quality assurance systems in Aotearoa New Zealand
EcoQuest is registered with, and EcoQuest programs are approved and accredited by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). NZQA is a government organisation which manages the quality of New Zealand qualifications, and also acts as the Administrator of the Education (Pastoral Care of Tertiary and International Learners) Code of Practice 2021. A summary of the Code may be downloaded here and the full code here.
EcoQuest is a Category One Provider
NZQA assesses the standard of education for tertiary education organisations through a regular system of external evaluation and review (EER). Through periodic EER, tertiary education organisations are held accountable to their students, employers, funders, quality assurance bodies and other interested parties. EcoQuest has been placed in Category One, the highest quality provider category. This means NZQA is highly confident in both the educational performance and the capability in self-assessment of EcoQuest. For details of the latest EER report see here.
All international students enrolled with a New Zealand education provider are covered by the New Zealand Government’s Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice. EcoQuest is a signatory to this code. To view this code click here.
The Code of Practice outlines the level of care that education providers, and their agents, must provide to international students while they live and study in New Zealand. The education system is regulated with strong quality assurance systems across the board. In general, as an international student you can expect that:
- the quality of teaching and learning you receive will meet high educational standards
- the marketing and promotion information you receive before you enrol is clear, complete and accurate so you can make a well-informed decision about whether an education provider is the right choice for you
- education providers’ agents give you reliable information and act with integrity and professionalism
- you will receive enough information and support to help you with your enrolment, including understanding the legal obligations you have, and that you will receive all the proper documentation
- you are welcomed and have enough information, guidance and support to help you settle into your new life in New Zealand
- your study environment is safe, and that you have a safe place to live
For further protection of your rights while studying in New Zealand, NZQA also provides a mechanism to manage student complaints about education providers - details.